1. Accountability- We must have an outside city audit done to see where we stand with the funds, Make sure if the city has received grants for anything that those monies are allotted for those projects only If there is supposed to be money in a fund then let’s make sure it’s there. No more operating out of a general fund. I also propose that this audit go back at least 35 years.
2. Cannabis- lift ordinance ,meet with appropriate members of the community regulate,tax, and allow safe access for local medical, recreational cannabis users business owners and vendors. The revenue received from these sources can be used to strengthen our infrastructure, by adding more police, fixing our streets adding more lights in our older
neighborhoods, adding more school police and qualified teachers. As well as investing in more city parks.
3. Downtown Victorville- If we don’t open it up we can’t clean it up! The fact is Downtown Victorville will Never be what it used to be. That time has come and gone. The longer those buildings sit vacant the more damage they will sustain. We have to allow people to
open up down there. Who are we to tell someone they cannot make honest living for their family? Isn’t that how most of us started here in the desert in the first place? Let’s embrace anyone who wants to do the same thing for their family. With new businesses Downtown Victorville could thrive and be better than before.
4. Homeless- This is not a Victorville problem. This is a High Desert Problem. A problemthat has existed for quite some time. Of course with the construction going on down on D
Street and the summer heat they are more visible than usual to some of us but they have always been here. We need a permanent fix. Not a band-aid. Once we implement the plan I want to put in place. We will set a model for the rest of the high desert to follow.
5. Golf Course- GreenTree Golf Course is a beautiful piece of property which I am sure many residents who live there have had generations grow up there. The money the city spends to supplement the golf course is a burden of the taxpayers of Victorville, however I do feel if it were utilized by everyone in Victorville then it could serve a better purpose for the entire city. I purpose we renovated part of it into a depth water park with a lazy river. The cost wouldn’t be much the insurance next to nothing and everyone could enjoy it. We could charge to use the lazy river which means jobs. Compromise
6. Infrastructure- As we all know, Our infrastructure is a joke. We have streets you can drive down that are dark as hell and others that are lit up like the 4th of July. Some streets after it rains for 10 minutes and you need a lifeboat to get home. Don’t try to make a left turn on Armagosa from Bear Valley between 4pm and 6pm unless you know how to drive and look out for the police so you don’t get a ticket cause you know that
turn was illegal, and how many of us get road rage on Hesperia Rd and Bear Valley any given day? Yet when we go to the city council meetings we are told there’s no budget. Code Enforcement knocks on your door. They will bring it up at next meeting? Our schools budgets are constantly getting cut. Why?
It’s time for change.